FloDesign Sonics is developing novel technologies to enable cell and gene therapy processes. The technologies comprise patented acousto-fluidics platforms to manipulate cells and perform unit operations such as affinity cell selection, viral transduction, cell fractionation, sorting, and novel cell culturing.
- Perform cell processing unit operations utilizing our acousto-fluidic platforms, particularly acoustic affinity cell selection, viral transduction/transfection and culturing.
- Develop and use process analytical technologies to measure performance of cell processing unit operations.
- Develop standard operating protocols for acoustic cell processing unit operations
- Document and report to colleagues in a timely and clear manner;
- Be part of the bioprocessing team dedicated to continuous innovation of the technology platforms
Preferred qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Bioprocess, Bio/Chemical or Biomedical engineering or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in a “wet” laboratory.
- Experience in handling and growing mammalian cells
- Operating and troubleshooting early prototypes of medical or process equipment is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Strong communication and teaming skills